Thursday, May 6, 2021

Thursday, May 6th

 

This week, we started learning about Dinosaurs. We made badges that said "Junior Paleontologist", and watched a video clip about what a Paleontologist does.

Ms. Crystal, taught the Explorers a poem, it goes like this:
I am a Paleontologist and this is what I know.
I study bones and fossils from creatures long ago.
I put the bones together, a dinosaur you will see.
This is how they looked, come learn along with me.

We talked about the word dinosaur  and how it means big lizard. We talked about what it means to be extinct. They also learned what herbivores, carnivores, and fossils mean.

 "Look, the T-Rex is trying to eat the person, but the floor cracked so he fell in"

Finley and Crosby, worked together to build a really cool building for their dinosaurs.

The Explorers have been very interested in the dinosaur books that we got from the Library. We read a new one each day at morning meeting.

"I made a golden cloud because that's part of the sunset"

Margaret matched up the numbers on the clothespin with the numbered dinosaur.


"Ms. Amy, I'm building a foundation"

The Explorers enjoyed chiseling at the frozen dinosaur eggs. 


"Look Ms. Amy, I made a seesaw for my dinosaurs"







There was a lot of teamwork happening on the playground. Their favorite thing to build with the crates is a house with a TV (the red rectangular crate on top).

Margaret, grooming Connor with the beauty kit.

With all the rain lately, there has been a lot of worms to explore. They have found worms of all sizes. Long, short, skinny, and fat!



Harper, even found a snail!

Earlier in the week, we experimented with baking soda and Vinegar. They just love this activity!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Ukele fun!

Thank you Ms. Karyl for singing and sharing your ukele with us! It was so much fun! Hallie: "Oh, I look good!" Dress up is more fu...